Thursday, September 3, 2009

Heavy Metal

This weekend we attended a party for our friends George and Deb who are moving across the country to Seattle. Boo Hoo! I love Seattle, the rain is charming during a visit but I would bet that it gets old ... quick. The party turned out to be a little gathering of theGladyses (Gladi?) that I have painting over the past 10 years. I made this one for G & D as a going away gift.







While getting ready for the party I pulled out my Granny's recipe for cheezy pineapple. Written in her sweet handwriting. As always with her recipes, no oven temp, no time. Love it. I also have the cool wedding band that my Papaw gave her back in the 80's.

My hand looks old.

Speaking of old, check out this ironing board.

This almost went to goodwill! I'm glad that I took the time to open it up and appreciate it's awesomeness. This is the sturdiest ironing board you will ever see. I think that it could easily hold my one-hundred and mumble, mumble pound body. Don't you hate it when you are ironing something and you feel like the board is wobbly? Not with this bad boy. It is some serious heavy metal!

At the last count, there are 12 covers on this ironing board. I am not about to disturb them. I'm sure that it would mess up the perfect surface. I wish I could have asked Granny when and where she got this ironing board. Who knows? It may be 60 years old.

Yes, those hooks do scare me a little.

Aaaaand, of course, the gratuitous kid shot.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! All of it...

    i have a photocopy of cheesy pineapple in the cookbook you made for me (about the only one i use:) it's even more special now.

    ReplyDelete

See my art here

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called art. Make your own badge here.

Followers