Sunday, October 11, 2009

The adrenaline hangover






sigh.

I haven't been to a concert, a stadium concert in a very, very long time. I do recall saying that the only band I would brave a huge venue for would be U2.

I was too chicken to schlep the SLR with me since we were on the floor. I have mixed feelings about that decision. I was shocked by how everyone held up a "device" as soon as the band came on stage. Everyone around me was looking at their 2 x 2 inch screens and not at the awesomeness in front of them. So sad really. (or is it sad that I was watching them, watch their I phones?)

My pal Jeff made these photos with his little point and shoot. We were soooooo close. I could see Bono's lifts. Love him.

What would I have made pictures of? The absolutely ridiculous footwear worn by some women at this concert.

On the craftacular front I made a new tote bag for my things for my drawing class, and of course a pencil holder.



time spent on tote and pencil wrap: 3 hours
time spend actually drawing: 0 hours

Since I had all that Ikea fabric out and I was on a roll, I whipped up another bucket to make as a gift. I love those two fabrics together but those little black and white lines made me go crosseyed at times.




Coming back to earth now.
That concert blew my mind a little.

L

2 comments:

  1. I have my laptop back in my kitchen now, so I can check blogs more frequently! Yea! I LOVE the tote--very cool. 3 hours, eh? What are you... a machine? I guess I could maybe finish something in 3 hours if I HAD 3 hours. As it is, there's some time lost in putting up projects several times before they get finished.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock...they rocked...we rock..lets get together soon and talk about our greatness..

    ReplyDelete

See my art here

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called art. Make your own badge here.

Followers