Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Updates on kids, flowers and such

David, the milkweed is doing great. It's about 3 feet tall now. Can you believe these foxglove came up from seeds that I planted 2 years ago? Foxglove may be my favorite flower but it is so finicky.

My favorite time of day. Everyone is fed, tubbed and scrubbed and ready for some book reading. I'm partial to Richard Scarry (who doesn't like something where watermelon and octopi mingle?) but Dad likes Dr. Seuss.

So, this morning I'm sitting here, minding my own business when little lu walks through with my psudo-pod on and jamming to some music. LOUD. Heck, I can hardly figure out how to turn the thing on.
This is a true love/hate relationship. They never feel just so-so about each other. Either everything is fantastic (!) or terrible. After I shot this photo Anna started crying because e. said the hedge wasn't pretty anymore.
As you can see, it's not so pretty anymore, but it needed some serious pruning to save it.

See Anna's twirly skirt. She loves it, she wore it 2 days in a row. Lucy's is cute too - I decided against the embellishment - it is quite fluffy and brings to mind clogging, or as the guy at Home depot said, square dancing. More photos soon. Amy, tell me how much easier these would be with a serger?

L

3 comments:

  1. DAvid & ElizabethMay 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM

    Yay, H & M is back on the air!!!

    Your milkweed is beautiful. I may have to come get some seed from you this fall. My plants all got buried under the clay dug up form the plumbing episode.

    The girls are so cute and smart. We really like keeping up with them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I leave town to go to Houston and you
    have had alot of things going on! We must talk.
    I love the foxglove, I want to grow that in my
    yard, it's beautiful.I am so glad the blog is
    back, I love looking at the girls and seeing all of your crafty ideas! Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw, YOu have had alot going on. We need to chat! So sorry to hear about Flash.
    I love the beautiful Foxglove, I want that
    in my yard. Can't tell you how glad I am that
    the blog is back. I love following the cute
    girls and wishing I was as crafty as you are!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

See my art here

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called art. Make your own badge here.

Followers